Ph.D. Agricultural Engineering, Colorado State University - Fort Collins
M.S. Agricultural Engineering, Kansas State University - Manhattan
B.S. Agricultural Engineering, Kansas State University - Manhattan
Registered Professional Engineer, Nebraska
School of Natural Resources (Courtesy Appointment)
Water Science and Mechanized Systems Management:
- Soil conservation and watershed management
- Irrigation systems management
- Soil and water resources engineering
- Hydrologic modeling of small watersheds
- Modeling vadose zone hydrology
- Hydrologic impacts of land and water use practices in agricultural regions
- Engineering of vegetative buffers for riparian and upland ecosystems
- Infiltration and overland flow
- Water flow in the intermediate vadose zone
- Water measurement technology for irrigation
- Young Engineer of the Year, Mid-Central Region, 1988, American Society of Agricultural Engineers.
- Extension Award of Merit, Gamma Sigma Delta, November, 1990.
- Recognition Award for Contributions to Students presented by the Parents Association and Teaching Council of the UNL (1993, 1994, 1998, 2000, and 2002).
- Research and Education Award, Chemigation Division, The Irrigation Association, 1997.
- IANR Team Effort Award, MSEA Water Quality Team, 1998.
- Senior Faculty Holling Family Award for Teaching Excellence, 1999.
- Person of the Year, Irrigation Association, 1999.
- Commendation Award, Nebraska Chapter, Soil & Water Conservation Society, 2001.
- The Commendation Award, Soil and Water Conservation Society, 2002
- College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Distinguished Teaching Award, 2003.
- Holling Family Distinguished Senior Faculty Teaching Award, College of Engineering, UNL 2008.
- Award for the Advancement of Surface Irrigation, ASABE, 2008.
- Outstanding Contributions to Agriculture in Nebraska, Nebraska Section ASABE, 2008