Research is conducted in five focus areas:
- Bioengineering for health and productivity
- Environmental engineering
- Bioprocess engineering for adding value
- Site-specific crop management
- Water resources and ecosystems engineering
Research endeavors are a valuable component of our mission to the students, faculty, state, region, and world. Research is conducted in university labs, and in the field utilizing four Research and Extension Centers located throughout Nebraska. In addition to research conducted in Nebraska, faculty have also worked overseas in developing agricultural and irrigation systems of benefit to specific locales. Students have the opportunity to be involved in faculty research as part of their education, or to develop research in areas of their own interest.
Student research in the Department of Biological Systems Engineering