East Campus (Lincoln)
218 L.W. Chase Hallfirnaaz.firstname.lastname@example.org
Postdoctoral researcher and computational chemical engineer
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Monash University
- B.Eng. (Hons.), Chemical Engineering, Taylor's University
• PhD, CEng MIChemE
- 100% research
Areas of Research and Professional InterestComputational chemical and biological systems engineering, including sub-areas as follows: • Cellulose structural/morphological and bioprocess modeling • Population balance modeling for dynamic and polydispersed particulate systems • Metabolic modeling (constraint-based, dynamic metabolic pathway modeling, cybernetic modeling) • Multi-omics biological data (genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic) analysis and data-model integration • Optimal control theory-based microbiome modeling • Graph theory and complex network-inferred microbiome interaction modeling • Chemical thermodynamic-based microbiome modeling • Advanced data-driven modeling (machine learning, sparse modeling, dimensionality reduction) • Development of linear/non-linear and mixed-integer programming-based optimization algorithms • Numerical techniques and model parametric sensitivity analysis • Modeling in various programming languages – Python, R, MATLAB
- S. Zhang‡, F. Ahamed†, H.-S. Song*. 2022. Knowledge-informed data-driven modeling to identify key factors governing microbial inactivation processes in food. Frontiers in Food Science and Technology, DOI: 10.3389/frfst.2022.996399.
- S.L. Leong‡, S.I.X. Tiong‡, S.P. Siva, F. Ahamed, C.-H. Chan, C.L. Lee, I.M.L. Chew, Y.K. Ho*. 2022. Morphological control of cellulose nanocrystals via sulfuric acid hydrolysis based on sustainability considerations: An overview of the governing factors and potential challenges. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 10(4), 108145.
- M.A. Borton et al., F. Ahamed (as part of the WHONDRS Crowdsourced Consortium). It takes a village: Using a crowdsourced approach to investigate organic matter composition in global rivers through the lens of ecological theory. Frontiers in Water, 4, 870453.
- F.F. Lo, K.-W. Kow*, F. Kung, F. Ahamed, P.-L. Kiew, S.-P. Yeap, H.-S. Chua, C.-H. Chan, R. Yusoff, Y.K. Ho. 2021. Effect of magnetic field on the ion-adsorption performance of nano-magnetite composite. Science of the Total Environment, 780, 146337.
- F. Ahamed, H.-S. Song, Y.K. Ho*. 2021. Modelling coordinated enzymatic control of saccharification and fermentation by Clostridium thermocellum during consolidated bioprocessing of cellulose. Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 118(5), 1898-1912.
- F. Ahamed*. 2020. Modelling consolidated bioprocessing of cellulose via population balances coupled with cybernetic models. Monash University.
- F. Ahamed, M. Singh, H.-S. Song, P. Doshi, C.W. Ooi, Y.K. Ho*. 2020. On the use of sectional techniques for the solution of depolymerization population balances: Results on a discrete-continuous mesh. Advanced Powder Technology, 31(7), 2669-2679.
- F. Ahamed, H.-S. Song, C.W. Ooi, Y.K. Ho*. 2019. Modelling heterogeneity in cellulose properties predicts the slowdown phenomenon during enzymatic hydrolysis. Chemical Engineering Science, 206, 118-133.
- F. Ahamed, S.W. Phang*, L.T. Sin. 2016. Mechanical behaviour of thermoplastic starch / montmorillonite / alumina trihydrate nanocomposites. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 11(9), 1344-1359.
*Corresponding author; ‡Graduate student; †Shared first authorship