Ph.D. In Biological Engineering from Mississippi State University, 2010
M.S. In Agricultural Engineering from Iowa State University, 1999
B.S. In Agricultural Engineering from Iowa State University, 1997
Animal Science 30%
- Manure management
- Nutrient management
- Water quality
- Extension Education
- Nutrients fate and transport
- Pathogen fate and transport
- Water quality
- Registered Professional Engineer in Mississippi
- Epsilon Sigma Phi Early Career Service State Award
- Mississippi State University State Pride Award for Faculty Excellence
- ASAE Outstanding Paper Award
- Epsilon Sigma Phi State Team Award
- National Pork Board Environment Committee
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Alpha Epsilon Honor Society
- Falkenberg, S.M., A. M. Schmidt, T. B. Schmidt, N.C. Burdick, J. O. Buntyn, J.W. Dailey, R.D. Randel, J. A. Carroll. 2012. Analysis of the optimal temporal sampling frequency to evaluate mean temperature response in cattle challenged with Lipopolysaccharide. J. Thermal Biology. (In review)
- Sassenrath, G.F., J. Schneider and A.M. Schmidt. 2012. Parameterization of standard equations for determining daily evapotranspiration in the humid growing environment of the Mid-South. J. Irrigation and Drainage Research. (In review)
- Schmidt, A.M., J. D. Davis, J. L.Purswell, and A. S. Kiess. 2011. Effect of moisture content on the heating profile in composted broiler litter. Transactions of the ASABE. (In review)
- Schmidt, A.M., J. D. Davis, J. L.Purswell, Z. Fan, and A. S. Kiess. 2011. Analysis of the heating profile inwindrowed broiler litter. J Poultry Sci. (In review)
- Ni, J-Q, A.J. Heber, T.T. Lim, P.C. Tao, and A.M. Schmidt. 2008. Methane and carbon dioxide emission from two pig finishing barns. J. Environ. Qual. 37:2001-2011.
- Heber, A.J., J.-Q. Ni, T.-T. Lim, A.M. Schmidt, J. A. Koziel, P.C. Tao, D.B. Beasley, S.J. Hoff, R.E. Nicolai, L.D. Jacobson, and Y. Zhang. 2006. Quality assured measurements of animal building emissions: Gas concentrations. AWMA Journal 56:1472-1483.
- Heber, A.J., T.-T. Lim; J.-Q. Ni; P.C. Tao, A.M. Schmidt, J.A. Koziel, S.J. Hoff, L.D. Jacobson, Y. Zhang, and G.B. Baughman. 2006. Quality assured measurements of animal building emissions: Particulate matter concentrations. AWMA Journal 56:1642-1648.
- Fulhage, C., A. Schmidt, and J. Lory. 2005. Long Term Sludge and Nutrient Accumulation in Swine Lagoons – A Case Study. 2005 Animal Waste Management Symposium. North Carolina State University Animal and Poultry Waste Management Center. Raleigh, North Carolina. October 5-7, 2005.
- Lory, J., R. Massey, J. Zulovich, J. Hoehne, A. Schmidt, M. Shannon and C. Fulhage. 2004. An Assessment of nitrogen-based manure application rates on 39 US swine operations. J. Environ. Qual. 33:1106-1113.
- Lory, J., R. Massey, J. Zulovich, J. Hoehne, A. Schmidt, M. Shannon and C. Fulhage. 2004. Feasibility and costs of phosphorus application limits on 39 US swine operations. J. Environ. Qual. 33:1114-1123.
- Schmidt, A.M. and J. Barrett. 2012. Testing Drinking Water and Understanding Analyses. Mississippi State University Extension Service. (In review).
- Schmidt, A.M. 2011. Chemigation (Revision). Mississippi State University Extension Service. Publication number 1551.
- Schmidt, A.M. 2011. Irrigation Facts and Figures (Revision). Mississippi State University Extension Service. Publication number F 804.
- Schmidt, A. M., G. Sassenrath, J.Crumpton, B. Rice. 2011. Water Conservation and Water Management Website. www.agwater.msucares.com.
- Oldham, L., and A. Schmidt. 2011. Operating an Environmentally Compatible Livestock Operation. Mississippi State University Extension Service. Publication number 2658.
- Sassenrath, G.F., D.K. Fisher, H.C. Pringle, S. Samson and A.M. Schmidt. 2010. Irrigation Scheduling for Humid Environments – Improving Water Management, Crop Performance and Economic Return. USDA-ARS Crop Production Systems Fact Sheet No. 2010-003. November 2010.