East Campus (Lincoln)
225 L.W. Chase Hallrkoelsch1@unl.edu
Livestock and Bio Environmental Engineer
- Ph.D., Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Cornell University
- M.S., Agricultural Engineering, Kansas State University
- B.S., Agricultural Engineering, Kansas State University
Curriculum Vitae (CV):Vita-Rick Koelsch 2016.pdf
Areas of Research and Professional Interest
- Livestock Environmental issues
- Sustainability in Agricultural Systems
Honors and Awards
- National eXtension Community of Practice Award (2011)
- NASULGC Excellence in Extension Regional Award (2006)
- ASABE Presidential Citation (2006)
- ASABE Standards Development Award (2005)
- ASAE Gunlogoson Countryside Engineering Award (2005)
- Member of the Year, ASAE Mid-Central (1999)
- New Nebraska Extension Specialist Award (1998)
- Nebraska Pork Producers Association Pork Industry Service Award (1996)
- Koelsch, R. K. And Q. M. Kettering. 2016. Whole Farm Nutrient Balance: A Systems Approach to Dairy Nutrient Planning. Large Dairy Herd management e-Handbook. American Society of Dairy Science. (In Publishing for 2017 release).
- Koelsch, R., J. Heemstra, J. Harrison, M. Risse. 2009. Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center - Connecting with Clientele Using Web 2.0. 2009 ASABE Annual International Meeting. Reno, Nevada. June 21–24, 2009. 19 pages.
- Risse, L M, W L Bland, R K Koelsch, E A Bird, and T M Bass. 2006. An American Experiment with Environmental Management Systems fon Livestock and Poultry Operations. Farm Policy Journal, Australian Farm Institute. 3(4) 23-32.
- Kissinger, W. F., Koelsch, R. K., Erickson, G. E., and Klopfenstein, T. J. 2007. Characteristics of manure harvested from beef cattle feedlots. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 23(3): 357-365.
- R. Koelsch (editor and co-author on 4 chapters). 2006. Vegetative Treatment Systems for Open Lot Runoff. USDA NRCS Guidance Document.http://www.heartlandwq.iastate.edu/ManureManagement/AlternativeTech/Avtsguidance/ . 173 pages.
- Koelsch, R., J. Lorimor, and K. Mankin. 2006. Vegetative treatment systems for open lot runoff: review of literature. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 22(1)141-153.
- Koelsch, R. Evaluating livestock system environmental performance with whole-farm nutrient balance. J. Environmental Qual. 34:January-February 2005, 149-155.
- Koelsch, R. K. 2001. Principles of Environmental Stewardship. Lesson 1 of Livestock and Poultry Environmental Stewardship national curriculum. Midwest Plan Service. Ames, IA. 22 pages.